Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

TIME TO CATCH UP...EMMIE TURNS ONE

Wow! It's been so long since I've written. Life has been extremely hectic, to say the least!! The stresses of the day to day routine along with the emotional stress has been catching up with me. There are days when I want to run away from it all, but somehow I manage to keep on going. My little boy & girl give me the strength. One look at them & I know I have no other choice than to keep on going. This Mommy runs on Dunkin' too!! :) Those of you that know me know that I go to Dunkin' Donuts every day, sometimes twice a day for my 'lil pick me up.....an Iced Caramel Latte Lite...even Aidan knows what Mommy likes!) Whatever works, right?!?!

So much has been going on. I've decided to divide it into several different entries for easier reading. Enjoy!

Emmie is now 15 months old!! She turned 1 on Easter. It was a very special day. I felt so much on that day. I was so happy & excited for my girl's special day. I felt proud to have her as my daughter, proud of what she had accomplished & how far we had come as a family. The days leading up to Emmie's birthday were difficult for me. I found myself replaying her birth in my mind, Eric missing Emmie's birth, learning about her diagnosis, the anger, disappointment, sadness...it was hard to escape it. I missed Eric like crazy & I felt sad for Emmie that her Daddy wasn't there to celebrate.

We had a party for Emmie with lots of family & friends. It was a great day! Emmie wore a pink & white party dress with butterflies on it. She looked so sweet!! My mom gave Emmie a very special gift for her birthday. Years ago, my Grandma Joan (my mom's mother) gave me a story called, "Lacey's Pink Party Dress". I think her mother or grandmother passed it down to her. It is the story of a pink party dress that comes to life with the other clothes in the closet. The party dress wants Lacey to choose it to wear to a birthday party. It's very cute & over years it has changed. Grandma Joan personalized it for me. It is so special to me. My mom lost it over the years, but recently found it. She gave it to Emmie on her birthday. Having that connection with the women in our family is a special gift. I can't wait to tell Emmie the story when she gets older.

Emmie loved her cake & playing with her little friends. It's hard to believe she is 1 year old. It's been an amazing journey filled with so many emotions. I am grateful for each & every moment with my girl...Emily Grace, Emmie, Emmie Gracie Girl (as her brother calls her), my Lovie. I am excited to share the rest of the journey with Eric, Aidan, Emmie & all of you.
Who knows where it will take us?

MORE TO COME!!

1 comment:

  1. Its good to see you blogging again! I have missed your updates!

    ReplyDelete