Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

QUICK UPDATE

Finally...a recent picture of Emmie! I am slowly getting the hang of this. I don't have too much time right now. Aidan's bus will be here shortly, but I wanted to get an entry done.

Emmie started OT (Occupational Therapy) this week. She will be getting OT services once/week. OT will focus on sensory issues & fine motor skills. I will have more information as the therapy progresses. She has only had one session.

Emmie has been grinding her teeth lately. She has 2 in the front on the bottom & 2 in the front on the top. Every once in a while, she grinds them & it sends chills all over my body!!! According to her therapists, she is seeking input in her mouth. She grinds & she also puts her hands in the praying position & bops herself on her upper lip...also seeking input.

This week I decided to take Emmie to the chiropractor. Eric & I have been going to the chiropractor for years & we feel the benefits. It helps with my headaches, back problems & overall health. I will provide more information on this topic in a later entry. I want to give you more details about the benefits...just don't have the time at the moment. Emmie will be getting adjustments 1 or 2 times/month.

Eric arrived safely in Kuwait. He recently moved to a different base in Northern Kuwait. I have not talked to him in over a week & it is getting difficult. I find myself feeling nervous & on edge at times. He called once when I was at the gym & I missed the call. I got a few emails, but nothing in the last 2 or 3 days. "No news is good news" & the military will tell you not to worry unless someone shows up at your door. Isn't that awful?!?!?!! It's crazy! I do my best to keep a positive attitude & trust that Eric is OK. I miss him like crazy! Aidan is doing OK. He misses Eric & says he wants his Daddy to come back. He knows Eric is with the Army & is helping people. What else can I say?!?!?! As always, I am asking for prayers.

A special thank you to all my "Meals on Wheels" girls....Julie, Sarah, Emily, Cindy, Ellen. They have making & delivering homemade meals. It is greatly appreciated!! At dinner time, my priorities are Aidan & Emmie. Sometimes I microwave a Weight Watcher's meal or have some cereal....whatever is quick. It is so nice to have a warm meal ready to eat...THANK YOU!!

I want to leave you with this quote that one of my friends posted on Facebook. It was very inspiring.

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen

Gotta go watch for the bus!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Emmie is such a cutie pie!! You must want to squeeze her all the time! Thanks for sharing the picture!

    Robbie, Piper's Nana
    aimeesbowlofcherries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I just realized it - you don't have bunches of pictures on your blog. Funny thing - I rarely read blogs without pictures. But I love reading your blog! Thanks again to your hubby for serving our country abroad, and you for supporting him here :)

    ReplyDelete