Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

EMMIE IS SICK!! :(

It's been a rough few days with Emily. She has been very cranky & fussy & just "off". This is not Emmie at all. I have just been chalking it up to having a cold & teething. Last night she was up for 3 hours last night wih a runny nose, cough, crying, very uncomfortable. It was a long night & morning came very early for all of us. This is not easy to do alone. The only thing that pushes me through is knowing that Aidan & Emmie need me to be strong & be there for them, no matter how tired I am or how stressful the situation is.

Emmie had therapy this morning & she still wasn't herself. She was very hot to to the touch & cranky. I called the Dr.'s office & they got us right in. She had a fever of 103 & has an ear infection in her right ear. She is on antibiotics for 10 days. She has been so sleepy all day. My poor sweet girl, I hate to see her like that. She will have 2 doses of the antibiotcs in her today, so hopefully in a day or 2 she will be back to her happy self.

Luckily Aidan & I have stayed healthy. He has been doing such a good job with his new glasses. He looks so handsome in them. It's definitely an adjustment for him & for me too.
We are doing OK here. We hear from Eric about once a week. I have missed his calls a few times & that is frustrating. He has been extremely busy. His days are very long & stressful. This afternoon I had a little breakdown. Aidan saw me crying & he asked why I was upset. I told him that I miss Daddy very much. He said, "It will be OK. Dad will be home soon. He is saving people." That made me cry harder. My sweet boy! I hugged him so hard & it felt so good. Now, we just pick up, move on & get through the day the best we can. Tomorrow is another day.
Emmie's coughing, gotta run. Let's hope tonight is a good night.

1 comment: