Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

MY OPINION

Emmie is napping & Aidan is busy playing. I want to take a moment to respond to the "R" word entry that I posted. First, I want to thank Kristin for posting a comment. I appreciate your honesty & respect your opinion. I have been guilty of using the word myself when referring to a situation or an inanimate object.
Since having two children with special needs, I have become more aware of the language that I use. I am not going to go off on some rampage about the "R" word, but I want to ask all of you to BE MINDFUL & RESPECTFUL! It sounds so easy to do, but I think some people get caught up in the moment & don't realize that their words are hurtful to others. I also ask that if someone is using that word & you are offended by it, SPEAK UP & tell them that you are offended by it or you don't like the word & ask them to use a different word.
If you are about to use the "R" word, or some other offensive language, STOP & THINK about my children & other people's children. I know you don't mean any harm, but try to use another word & make a change. That's where it all starts.

We are off to get Aidan's glasses fixed. He has huge scratches on one of the lenses & we have to get it replaced. He has been doing a great job & wearing his glasses all day!! He also been using the potty for 2 days now!! NO MORE DIAPERS!! There is a big boy living in this house. GO AIDAN!!! :) We went to WALMART at 8:00 this morning to get a special potty prize. :) Let's hope this continues.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

Find something to be grateful for each & every day. Today I am grateful for: Aidan & Emmie, the sunshine, my mom, my husband, good friends, my gym membership, my iced latte, Emmie's therapy....so much to be grateful for!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment