Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

BABBA DADDA.... YAY!! :)

Emmie has started babbling..."Babba, Dadda." It s the sweetest sound. She doesn't do it very often, but when she does, I can't get enough. She has a quiet, girly voice. I feel like this is a victory for Em. I have been working so hard with her......imitating sounds, talking & singing to her, encouraging her to make sounds & waiting for her to do something back, other than grunting & groaning. It is harder for her because her muscles are weaker due to the low muscle tone. Emmie is teaching me that it will all come in time. It's ok if things come slower & later to her. She will get there.

FYI...Emmie has learned how to take her socks off. She plays with her feet/toes, we call them "piggies" & takes her socks off, then plays with her feet. In 2 days, we have lost 2 socks!! I think we lost one in the mall today. :)

I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! I am feeling a little under the weather, not sure what it is, but I am managing. We will be traveling to my parents' cabin for the long weekend. We will see my family & Eric's family as well. Aidan is all excited. He will be bringing a "centerpiece." A turkey made from a paper lunchbag that will decorate the dinner table. :) I love my boy! What am I grateful for this Thanksgiving? My husband & our beautiful children, our health, a cozy home, supportive & loving parents, money in the bank, hugs, kisses & sweet words from Aidan, Emmie's gentle smile & the progress she has made. So much to be grateful for! Count your blessings!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment