Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

OUR LIFE

I apologize for not blogging in a while. Life has been very crazy, it's hard to keep up sometimes. Eric was away for 2 months. He came back, then left again for 2 weeks. He got back last week & he is leaving this weekend for 2 more weeks!! This is all very unexpected. It is mentally draining. It is hard to adjust...first he's here, then gone, then here, then gone....it's alot for me.
While Eric is away he will get the final word on his deployment. If his unit is deployed, they will leave in early December. We were originally told they would leave at the end of January.

Many of you ask, "Lacey, how do you do it?" The only answer I have is, "I just do." I am not happy about it, but this is my family & I will do everything I can to keep it together. I do my best to understand Eric's passion for the military & support him. It is not easy!! It is hard being alone, taking care of 2 special needs children, taking care of the house, paying bills, etc. I think the loneliness is the worst. Some days I get stuck in the sadness & it's hard to move out of it, but I try to find a little piece of joy every day. I don't have to look very far. A very special boy & a very special girl remind me of the happiness & love I have in my life.

So, that's the latest from the Lautenschlagers! :) Crazy, chaotic, emotional, stressful, joyful & loving...that's our life!!


Find the joy......

No comments:

Post a Comment